James Castor *
Birth: 1747, Wales
Death: 18 Apr 1836, Vinton Twp., Vinton Co., Ohio, USA
Burial: Radcliff Station, Vinton Twp., Vinton Co., Ohio, USA
Father: Castor *
- Married Drusilla Radcliffe * at Drusilla Castor
- Child 1: Margaret Castor (Caster)* 1794 - BEF Oct 1860 m. David Greathouse *
- Child 2: Eleanor Castor - m. James Radcliff
- Child 3: Sarah Castor - m. Jonathan Radcliff
- Child 4: David Castor - 1821 m. Mary Gregory
- Child 5: Hezekiah Castor - 1876 m. Mary Davis
- Child 6: Lewis Castor 1798 - 1852 m. Elizabeth McLaughlin
- Child 7: Samuel Castor 1801 - BEF 1860 m. Margaret Pritchard
Notes: From Don Norman:
James Castor, was one of three brothers (others were Thomas, who went West and Vincent, who s ettled in Maryland ) who came from Wales in the last of the 18th century, and settled near th e present city of Clarksburg, WV. James was born in 1747 and died in 1836. He married Drusi lla Castor, born 1755, died 1848. They had a family of ten children, six sons and four daugh ters. Two of the sons died in infancy. The daughters married and remained in Virginia (WV) ; but in 1832, James Castor, his wife, and four sons went to Ohio to make their home. Jame s and his wife, are buried in the old cemetary near
Radcliff Station, Vinton County, Ohio.
Known children of James and Drusilla (Castor) Castor.
2. (1) Elenor b. d.
m. James Radcliff Nov 25, 1802 Harrison Co., VA
3. (2) Sarah b. d.
m. Johnathon Radcliff Nov 29, 1804 Harrison Co., VA
4. (3) David b. d. 1821
m. Mary Gregory Oct 6, 1806 Harrison Co., VA
5. (4) Hezekiah b. d. ca. 1876
m. Mary Davis Oct 31, 1811 Harrison Co., VA
6. (5) Margaret b. d.
m. David Greathouse Sep 16, 1814 Harrison Co., VA
7. (6) Lewis b. 1798 d. 1852
m. Elizabeth McLaughlin May 9, 1818 Harrison Co., VA
8. (7) Samuel b. 1801 d. before 1860
m. Margaret Pritchard Jan 30, 1821 Harrison Co., VA
List of people | List of surnames | List of places | Map | deGruyter-Helfer Home
Created by Dan Pidcock's GedcomToHTML v1.5.2, with enhancements by Lisa deGruyter.