Workbench 3.0+ required.
RndBG randomly selects backdrop pictures to be displayed on Workbench,
windows, and/or the WorkBench screen. It can also set specific pictures, or
none at all, as backdrops.
- Runs from either Workbench or a CLI.
- Supports Workbench 3.9's layout, dither, and color options.
- Pictures may be randomly chosen, or specific pictures may be used.
- Mix and match the options; a random picture for Workbench, a specific
one for windows, and lever the screen backdrop unchanged.
- The WBPatter.prefs file in ENVARC: is never modified; only the temporary copy in ENV:.
- May be run at any time, not just at boot-up.
- Supports the use of AmigaDOS pattern-matching wildcards.
- !BLANK! keyword for no backdrop.
- Any extra data in WBPattern.prefs is preserved.
New In Version 2.2:
- Support for OS 3.9's layout, dither, and color options.
- Bug fix: The code to prevent the same picture from being used twice in a row was broken.
- Bug fix: Tooltypes weren't properly read from a project icon.
Future Plans: None right now, but I'm always open to suggestions.