The Women's Senior/Masters Racquetball Association is very pleased and excited to announce that Racquetball Industry Leader HEAD/Penn Racquet Sports will continue to be the Official Ball provider for the WSMRA! Many thanks to Doug Ganim, Ben Simons and the HEAD/Penn team! We are truly appreciative of HEAD/Penn's support and promotion of our sport! We will be using Penn balls at our upcoming 30th Annual tournament in sunny California and we look forward to our partnership with Head/Penn in the coming years to move racquetball forward! Be sure to support our sponsor Head/Penn!
* News about WSMRA players from the 2017 USARacquetball Singles Tournament in Tucson:
• Terry Rogers and Jack Hughes received USAR's Joe Sobek Outstanding Contribution Award at the HOF and Awards Banquet in Tempe.
• Cindy Tilbury won the Peggy Steding Award as Outstanding Female Age Group Player.
• Joanne Pomodoro and Cindy Tilbury officially joined the USAR Board of Directors at the Annual Meeting in Tempe at National Singles.
• Laurel Davis cycled off of the USAR Board after six years, much of that time as Treasurer.
• Cheryl Kirk continues on the USAR Board as Secretary.
WSMRA members and players
serve on the USAR “Women’s Committee” including Terry Rogers, Merijean Kelley, Cheryl Kirk, Lorraine Galloway, and Janice
Vosika, Peggine Tellez and
Two of our members Cindy Tilbury (president) and Carmen Alatorre-Martin Vice-President) serve on the NMRA Board. Karen Denu Turner who was our tournament director in 2010 has also joined the NMRA Board.
WSMRA Players Honored:
Two of our long-time players received awards from the Illinois State Racquetball Association. Sue Mueller was named Female Player of the Year and Dolores Lamberson won the Distinguished Service Award.
USARacquetball National Doubles, February 2018, Tempe: http://www.r2sports.com/tourney/viewResults.asp?TID=21874
US Open, October 2017, Minneapolis: http://www.r2sports.com/website/event-results.asp?TID=21382
IRF World Seniors, August 2017, Albuquerque: http://www.r2sports.com/tourney/viewResults.asp?TID=18974
NMRA International Championships, July 2017, West Allis, WI : http://www.r2sports.com/tourney/viewResults.asp?TID=18834
Please send us your news for inclusion!! (firstname.lastname@example.org)