More is known about cars 89 & 90, which were retained a
little longer than the others. They are thought to have been built by
City & Suburban Railway. It is known that C&S built at least
two open trailers from spliced horsecars for use with steam trains (although
the car in this photo looks somewhat like a Low "convertible"). These
trailers were likely used in service to Vancouver or St. Johns pulled by
both steam and electric vehicles over the years.
Note: There was also a No. 91. It was listed
as a closed trailer, but had a similar genealogy to 89-90 otherwise.
No. 91 began as C&S No. 23. PRL&P inventories listed it as of
"no value" in 1913. Like No. 90, it was stored at Piedmont Carhouse
in 1916, and was scrapped in 1919.
Both described as unserviceable 1912.
Listed as stored "without equipment" at Piedmont Carhouse in 1916. Scrapped