|Comments: This locally-built closed motor would seem to
have been one-of-a-kind, hence its removal from the other Vancouver 40's.
It was not unlike a Fuller "Standard" car in appearance, except much shorter,
with 8-window sides. It featured 5-window ends popular at the turn-of-the-century
(e.g., American Car Company city cars and Holman
interurbans). It is thought to have been built by the Portland &
Vancouver Railway (a steam railroad electrified in 1893).
Pictures indicate this car was used on the Sunnyside Line in
later years. It was, most likely, used on East Ankeny and Mt. Tabor
earlier, which would explain why it was assigned to the Ankeny Carhouse.
But, the car probably began its career on the Vancouver Line.
Retirement: Motors were removed in 1927.
Scrapping date uncertain.
Technical Notes: This car became Portland Railway
Company No. 49 in 1896. If it did, indeed, have City & Suburban
Railway trucks these must have been installed after Portland Consolidated
Railway's takeover in 1904.