John H. McVaney *
Birth: <1815>, Harrison (now Upshur) Co., West Virginia, USA Source:
Death: 1870/1880, West Virginia, USA
Father: Christopher McVaney (McElvanny, McVany)*
Mother: Mary (Polly) Paulus (Powlas) *
- Married Hannah Dean *
- Child 1: Marietta McVaney <1841> - AFT 1860
- Child 2: Lorenzo Dow McVaney * <1845> - 6 Apr 1884 m. Columbia Anastasia Snider *
- Child 3: Josiah McVaney <1848> - BEF 1910 m. (1) Rebecca J. (McVaney) m. (2) Marcelia "Celia" Columbia Smith
- Child 4: Antoinetta (Antonety) McVaney <1849> - m. John Marshall Sleeth
- Child 5: Luvilla McVaney <1852> - m. (1) Perry Green Snider m. (2) Marshall Wiant (Wyant)
- Child 6: Sena Jane McVaney <1858> -
Notes: Christopher McVaney and his sons lived in the corner where Upshur, Barbour, and Lewis Countie s now meet. John apparently moved to Gilmer Co. just after his wife died, in 1859, since Sen a Jane, the youngest child, was born in Upshur Co., but he is in Gilmer Co. in the 1860 Censu s. Upshur was created between the 1850 and 1860 censuses. The census returns for the Upshu r county area note a number of farms as unoccupied.
Penelope C. and John Marshall Sleeth were brother and sister
List of people | List of surnames | List of places | Map | deGruyter-Helfer Home
Created by Dan Pidcock's GedcomToHTML v1.5.2, with enhancements by Lisa deGruyter.