Warning Description: Wind Chill Advisory, Wind Chill Warning
Warning Date: 10:44 am EST on February 15, 2015
WarningSum:...Wind Chill Warning Remains In Effect Until Noon Est Today...
Warning Message:...Wind Chill Advisory in effect until 6 PM EST this evening...
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind
Chill Advisory...which is in effect until 6 PM EST this evening.
* Locations...Alleghany VA...Bath...and eastern Greenbrier
* Hazard types...low wind chill values today.
* Wind chill readings...15 t0 25 below zero improving to 5 to 15
* Timing...strong winds and low wind chills today.
* Impacts...low wind chill readings can result in frost bite and
lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken. Snow will
reduce visibility and result in hazardous...snow covered roads
* Winds...northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Temperatures...highs around 10.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors...make sure you wear a hat and
WarningDate:7:06 am EST on February 15, 2015
WarningSum:...Wind Advisory Now In Effect Until Noon Est Today...
Warning Message:* locations...across the mountains and the foothills.
* Hazards...strong...gusty winds.
* Winds...northwest 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing...through Sunday morning.
* Impacts...strong gusts may down trees and produce sporadic
A Wind Advisory means sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph...or wind
gusts of 46 to 57 mph...are expected. Winds this strong will
likely cause sporadic power outages and can make driving
difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Unfastened
items such as garbage cans and lawn furniture should be moved