For the Good of the State Council
- Forward email addresses of chapter representatives to NC State secretary, Earl Reese. Reports, Newsletters,
Minutes, Messages will be sent to chapters via e-mail.
To maintain veterans tax status, each chapter in North Carolina must:
- Have a current Contact listed with the state. To do so:
- Click here: Secretary of State page
- Click on either PDF or W document next to BE-0
- Either form can be filled out on-line, printed, and with fee mailed.
- File a 990 annually with the IRS (yes, each chapter must now file, irregardless of income). To do so:
- Avoid restricted activities.
- If alcohol is to be sold at events, special clearance must be obtained from National VVA.
- Semi-annual HHG reports are due to Treasurer at end of the months of March and August.
- Annual reports are due to state treasurer by 30 April and national office by 1 July of each year.
- Chapter Membership Chairs are reminded to securely maintain DD214 for all
- Any VVA members volunteering at VAs, remember to sign in at Volunteer Services as VVA member so your chapter
can receive credit
NC VVA Announcement Blog:
This blog is a space to post your announcements, events or share other veteran related information.
If you have something to post, please send it to Webmaster
We reserve the right to edit content for length, relevance and vulgar submissions.