Welcome to my Jane's Fighters Anthology database
This webpage and ftp folder contains all my (and others) files related to Fighters Anthology.
Notice: If you receive a "Forbidden Access" error when trying to reach this site, just keep hitting 'Refresh' or come back later and try again.
FYI: When installing a fresh version of Fighters Anthology (including the patch), set your computer clock to the year 1998 first. This time stamps the install to 1998; therefore allowing updated files to work properly. Reset computer clock to current year after install.
Update March 3, 2020
- Rolling Thunder is here. To commemorate the 55th anniversary of the beginning of the Rolling Thunder campaign in North Vietnam, I have created a new 40 mission campaign. The player will experience a variety of historically inspired missions flying the A-1E Skyraider, B-52D Stratofortress, F-4C/D Phantom IIs, F-100D/F Super Sabres, F-104 Starfighter, F-105D/F Thunderchiefs, and the RF-101 Voodoo. It can be found in Campaigns.zip . You will need the latest USNRaptor Playset v2.1 to play the campaign.
- USNRaptor Playset v 2.1 is now available. As usual, there have been some updates & additions to various aircraft, weapons, scenery, icons, etc...as well as a new North Vietnam map.
-The biggest change to the playset, however, is an overhaul of aircraft guns (excluding some bombers and the AC-130). I did some research and created a system to get the guns to have some form of conformity to each other, and hopefully perform closer to real life. The player will notice much higher rates of fire for some guns, and more/less lethality than before. The chart I created can be found in the Weapons - My Icons folder in the FTP.
- Minor update (March 11) - since this latest release, a few minor adjustments have been made, and the Taiwan campaign has been refreshed to work properly with playset v 2.1. Both the campaign.zip and playset are updated since March 3.
- If any errors/troubles are found with the playset in relation to the function/gameplay of other missions/campaigns, please contact me at the e-mail address at the bottom of this page. Thank You.
December 4, 2019
- USNRaptor Playset v 2.0 is now available. As usual, there have been some updates & additions to various aircraft, weapons, scenery, icons, etc... However, the biggest change is the removal of the campaigns and missions. These will now be available in a separate file called Campaigns.zip .
The reason for this change is because Fighters Anthology has a total file limit. With everything added, the limit is exceeded which causes the game to crash. Therefore, I recommend players upload the Playset files first, then add maybe two or three campaigns at a time. When done playing those campaigns, just delete those specific files and upload other campaigns. In the future, I may list the other option.
The latest campaign is now complete. It is the Baltic Campaign 1976 . Players will now fly the Buccaneer, Draken, F-4G, F-15A, F-104G, F-111, Harrier GR.3, Jaguar, and the Viggen against Soviet MiG-21s, -23s, -25s, -27s, SU-7s, and the new SU-15 Flagon.
Finally, saving the best for last. Thanks to CAG Hotshot , Fighters Anthology now has its first biplane in the form of the AN-2 Colt. He created a superb looking aircraft for all to enjoy. As those who have played the Yankee Station 1964 campaign know, the final mission involves shooting down an AN-2 Colt (based on a real mission).
August 10, 2019
- USNRaptor Playset v 1.8 is now available. The playset includes a few updates and bug fixes. Added two new Retired links; Centurian's Forsaken Outlaw and Strat's F/A World. Centurian's Collection of Tips & Tricks can be found in the Misc folder. The new FYI features has been added to the website. This feature will randomly list different notes of interest about the game and/or contents of the USNRaptor FTP Folder.
May 1, 2019
- USNRaptor Playset v 1.7 is now available. The playset includes several updates made to various items, icons, and missions over the last few months and now has the English Electric (BAC) Lightning. Also, for those who have not noticed yet, Airwolf has been available since this website began.
April 3, 2019
- Added the USNF'97 SU-37 to the aircraft/retired folder. It is not implemented in the playset. The links list has been modified. Keep an eye on updates as work continues on the F-35s and JDAMs. Due to restrictions of the game, the F-35s will not have built-in laser designators (hence, the creation of JDAMS).
March 15, 2019
- Added new/changed JDAM weapons and icons to folder. Military Designations link added.
February 10, 2019
- Added a new file for modders of Fighters Anthology. Def_Libfiles.zip contains the files contained in FA_1.LIB, FA_2.LIB, and FA_4B.LIB. This allows easier access to those files without needing to manipulate the FA Toolkit.
January 27, 2019
- New aircraft icons are now available for several different aircraft. No longer will a B-1B or B-52 be represented by an F/A-18 icon.
- The Vladivostok campaign has been rewritten to use Russian aircraft and weapons (mostly) to defend against the Chinese invasion. The old modified campaign using US equipment can still be found in the ftp folder as Vlad-US .
- The USNRaptor Playset v 1.6 includes the new Vladivostok campaign (old one removed), the new aircraft icons, new F-35A -B & -C, improvements to the F-4, Saab Drakken & Viggen, Buccaneer, Jaguar, and Strikemaster. Many of the text files for campaign missions were cleaned up. Changes have been made to a few weapons and their icons. The B-83 nuclear weapon has been retired. .
- Lastly, inspired by Richard Schaffert's biography, From Farm Boy to Fighter Pilot, the Saga of Brown Bear, I rewrote the Vietnam single mission ODDS AGAINST (Viet 08) to have it more closely resemble the actual battle. Thank you Richard Schaffert for personally e-mailing me a copy of your book. His battle can be seen on the tv show Dogfights: The Last Gunfighter.
November 2, 2018
- The Yankee Station Linebacker campaign is complete. As mentioned before, this campaign replaces the default Vietnam campaign and is heavily inspired by real events. The campaign is selectable in the Campaign menu. It is 25 missions commencing with President Nixon famous Linebacker speech and ending with the last MiG to be shot down in the war. The player will fly an A-6A Intruder, A-7A & A-7E Corsair II, F-4B & F-4J Phantom II, and the newly added RA-5C Vigilante. As with all my campaigns, the USNRaptor Playset is required to play it.
- The USNRaptor Playset v 1.5 includes the new campaign, new aircraft (MiG-21MF, RA-5C), new weapons (AGM-62 Walleye II, MK-20 MER-3), and new scenery (dirt roads, canals). There have been some improvements to several existing files as well. Recently, I noticed the Knox class frigate was missing. This frigate is now back in action. Why is this important? Its operational deck gun of coarse! Some files have been renamed since the old playset, so it is highly advised to delete the old playset files and install the new playset.
September 8, 2018
- The rewrite of the Linebacker campaign (which will overwrite the default Vietnam campaign) is eleven missions complete; fourteen more to go. As with the Yankee Station campaign, this one too will be heavily inspired by real events.
- Did you know the USNRaptor Playset v 1.1 includes 4 usnraptor-created campaigns (Greek, Israeli, Taiwan, and Yankee Station) and 4 reworked default campaigns (Baltic, Egypt, Ukraine, and Vladivostok) ?
July 17, 2018
- New Aircraft: F-104C, -G, -S (F104.PT, F104G.PT, F104S.PT) are now available in the aircraft folder. The -G and -S models can have fuel (Extended Fuel Tanks) in place of the M61. Also needed are the pic and shape files ( _F104V.pic, _104G.pic, F104V.SH, 104G.SH) found in pics_shapes.zip .
July 5, 2018
-The USNRaptor Playset v 1.1 has been updated. Included are the June 27 improvements, an SA-2F (inspired by Kapset), and the Duke / Driscoll May 10, 1972 mission (titled z720510.M and .MT). This mission will be part of the future rewrite of the default 25 mission Linebacker campaign. Retired from the playset is the F-106 and the AIM-4F and -G missiles.
June 27, 2018
- Allowed the F-14D (F14.PT) to carry bombs, and installed IR sensor. A targeting pod is still needed for LGBs. Made some adjustments to ~B06.M, ~B32.MT, ~B33.MT, SHPATCK.M & .MT, SHPATCK2.M & .MT, TOPGUN.MT, AIM9B.JT, AIM9B2.JT, AIM9D.JT, and AIM9D2.JT. Several adjustments were made to the Taiwan Campaign in April.
May 4, 2018
- Brand New: the USNRaptor Playset v 1.0 is now available. The playset is all the files I currently use to play Fighters Anthology. Instead of going through the ftp folders downloading individual files, the user can easily download this single zip file and extract the files into a virgin Fighters Anthology folder.
February 20, 2018
- The Yankee Station campaign is finally finished. It is a 40 mission campaign commencing during the Tonkin Gulf incident and extending through 1966. The player will experience a variety of historically inspired missions flying the A-1 Skyraider, A-4 Skyhawk, A-6 Intruder, F-4 Phantom II, and the F-8 Crusader. All necessary files are included.
To play: [update: now found in the playset]
- Fans of Sega Afterburner can enjoy the classic arcade's music during Fighters Anthology flight. Go to the music folder and save the Afterburner.zip file.
- Fans of the TV show Firefly can enjoy the theme during the Jane's logo by going to the music folder and saving the JANELOGO.11K file into their Fighters Anthology folder.
December 27, 2017
- CAG's VNFA Wing is back online. Also, there are now ten missions built for the Yankee Station campaign. The missions and files in the folder will be getting constantly modified as the campaign develops. The MiG-17 has also been slightly improved, including a gun-sight radar and proper fuel consumption.
December 17, 2017
- Inspired partly by eBurger's 'Air War: North Vietnam Timeline', I have started my first Vietnam campaign. It is based on Navy ops starting with the Gulf of Tonkin incident and will run probably into 1967. Look for missions in the Yankee folder. Three are built so far. The missions start out easy and will get harder as the campaign progresses.
- In the misc folder is HUD Color Tips (jpg) submitted by CAG Hotshot.
December 3, 2017
- thanks to DMC71269 at the FARC Forum, a flaw was discovered with Shape (.SH) files. For some reason, when saving the shape file from the ftp to the Fighter's Anthology folder, it would not properly read the corresponding .PIC file. To fix this (hopefully), I'm putting the shapes & pics into a zip file.
November 8, 2017
- added to & renamed pics/shapes. Adjusted some aircraft to reflect those changes. The 'Shapes Notes.txt' details which shapes/pics to which files. Included in the pics_shapes folder are screenshots of the aircraft. The screenshot name is the same as its associated shape name ( i.e. F86.jpg -- F86.SH ).
November 2, 2017
- created F-9J, RF-101, BTR-80 (Desert), and APG-30 Gun Radar for F-9J, F-86F, and F-100. Added pics/shapes retrieved from eBurger's files. Changed F-100 and A-1E to have jungle camo. Thanks to those who created the pics/shapes.
October 23, 2017
- added Iron Eagle sound file ( &IE1.5K), and adjusted Iron Eagle mission and Briefing.
Updated: October 10, 2017
- added General Quarters sound file ( &GQ.5K ).
Updated: September 8, 2017
- added a new single player mission (Chwdr.m & .mt) based on / inspired by Star's multiplayer mission named "Chowdering the Chinamen". The new mission is designed to use the B-1B using the 28 Mk-82 bomb racks.
- added FA links to web pages that are still existing (or available on the Wayback Machine page).
Updated: March 30, 2017
- fixed F4B.PT; renamed F20A.PT to F20.PT; made adjustments to F5E.PT, F5EE.PT and F20.PT.
- created F4D.PT. Linked F4B.SH and _F4B.PIC to it to give it camoflage paint.
- renamed F4C.SH and _F4C.PIC to F4B.SH and _F4B.PIC so they would work correctly.
Update: March 10, 2017
- improved AGM78.JT to have better killing power against SA-2s.
- adjusted B-1s weapon loadout in Baltic Campaign mission ~B22.M to reflect retire of weapon.
- Baltic Campaign mission briefing for ~B35.MT was changed to read Tornado instead of Typhoon.
Update: February 21, 2017
- added a folder labeled 'sound'. Inside are three new sounds. ALC.5k is Authenticate Launch Code for nuclear weapon release. KLX.5k is a klaxon horn. TG1.5k is for the Top Gun mission briefing (mission objective page). I used 5k so they would work in the briefings; 11k wouldn't work. .wav files are in the folder for preview.
- updated topgun.mt to play sound file.
Update: January 23, 2017
- added a folder in my ftp labeled 'Great Planes' in honor of the Discovery Channel show in the '80s that eventually led to Wings. In that folder are songs pieced together from some of the episodes, along with songs from other military aviation-themed media.
- also removed some video files. The Longbow videos can be found on Youtube.
Created: March 18, 2016
This page is dedicated to all the loyal developers, modders, and fans of the US Navy Fighters series.
Thank You for making this series the greatest flight sim of all time.
I can be contacted at email@example.com as well as at the Fighters Anthology Resource Center Forum. Please feel free to contact me regarding any manners associated with Fighters Anthology and/or this website.
This Web Page Created with PageBreeze Free HTML Editor