Bean Preparation Tips
- Rinse beans to remove dirt & dust
- Beans can be sprouted prior to cooking for better assimilation
- Overnight pre-soaking will cut down the cooking time on any legume by a good half hour or so. Remove any beans that float to the top.
- Quick Soak Method: Bring beans and cold water to boil, simmer to minutes, remove from heat, cover & let sit for 1 hr. Drain the soaking water, add fresh water to cover and proceed as if they had soaked overnight. This method also helps to de-gas your beans.
- Do not use soaking water for cooking. Add 1/2 strip Kombu (4”) or 1 Bay Leaf per cup of beans if desired.
- Cooking method: cover beans w/water, bring to a boil, let simmer until beans are tender. Keep pot partially covered at all times.
- Add 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt, Tamari, miso or oil, only after beans are tender, if desired.
- Stir only occasionally, so as not to break the skins.
- Beans can be stored for up to a year before they will begin to lose their taste and take longer to cook.
All Things Food | 419-636-0950 | email@example.com | 114 N Main St, Bryan, OH 43506